Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Sushant makode <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/11 09:55:05 UTC

Regarding MARMOTTA-432 : GSoC

Hi ,
I have started to outline my proposal document for OAuth2 Support
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MARMOTTA-432.

Can somebody tell me where can I find related documentation or some sort of
pointers to me to get into this topic well.

--
Thanks And Regards,
Sushant Makode

Re: Regarding MARMOTTA-432 : GSoC

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Hi,

On 11/03/14 09:55, Sushant makode wrote:
> I have started to outline my proposal document for OAuth2 Support
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MARMOTTA-432.
>
> Can somebody tell me where can I find related documentation or some sort of
> pointers to me to get into this topic well.

The OAuth 2.0 specification is available at http://oauth.net/2/

There is not much background... The idea is basically to extend the
current security mechanism (HTTP Basic Auth) to also access write
capabilities in Marmotta via OAuth 2.0.

There are many papers exploring the concept in Linked Data:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=oauth2+linked+data

but I'm not aware of concrete results besides the regular OAuth2 libraries.

I think we only have some documentation for users:

http://marmotta.apache.org/platform/security-module.html

not really about the internals of the security module, so you'd need to
dive into the code for getting some clues.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Senior Researcher