Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "Lockhart, Roland" <ro...@woolpert.com> on 2023/04/04 03:55:39 UTC

Upgrade for Guacamole has issues

Hi support

We are using the Bitnami image to host Guacamole in AWS

We upgraded from 1.4033 r09 on Debian 10 to 1.5.0-r06 on Debian 11

The process was to backup the database and restore to a new EC2 instance launched from the newest Bitnami AMI

We have encountered an issue we can't resolve.

We cannot connect to existing linux machines using ssh. All this worked before the upgrade.

MS RDP sessions are working just fine

Can you help with any of this ?

Thanks

Roland
I am working reduced hours. Available Mon,Tue,Wed. Contact Fego Rhodes or Owen Parfrey for urgent items.
Roland Lockhart
DevOps Team Lead & ISMS Security Officer, DevOps
D: +618 9228 6807    M: +614 0838 4993
roland.lockhart@woolpert.com<ma...@woolpert.com>
Woolpert
Level 3, 1002 Hay Street, Perth, WA 6000, Australia
woolpert.com<http://www.woolpert.com/> | aamgroup.com<http://www.aamgroup.com/>

Please note that my email address has been updated. This reflects our ongoing integration with our parent company Woolpert. I appreciate it if you can use my @woolpert.com email address for all email communications, and update your contact information accordingly, thank you.

Re: Upgrade for Guacamole has issues

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 11:57 PM Lockhart, Roland
<ro...@woolpert.com> wrote:

> We are using the Bitnami image to host Guacamole in AWS
>
> We upgraded from 1.4033 r09 on Debian 10 to 1.5.0-r06 on Debian 11
>
> The process was to backup the database and restore to a new EC2 instance launched from the newest Bitnami AMI
>
> We have encountered an issue we can’t resolve.
>
> We cannot connect to existing linux machines using ssh. All this worked before the upgrade.
>
> MS RDP sessions are working just fine
>
> Can you help with any of this ?

Not really, for a couple of reasons:
1) We don't produce or support the Bitnami images, so our ability to
assist with issues specific to those images can be limited. Given
further information (see next point), we might be able to help tell
you why you're encountering an issue, but it will be up to you to
resolve it, and, depending on the reason for that, if you're fully
relying on these pre-produced Bitnami images, and there is an issue
with that, you may need to reach out to whomever is responsible for
maintaining those images to get the problem corrected.
2) You haven't provided any level of detail as to what isn't working
with SSH connections. You would need to provide error messages, both
from the client perspective (in the browser) but also from the guacd
logs within the image. You'll need to collect guacd logs during the
time a SSH connection fails and post those log entries. You also may
need to put guacd into debug logging mode to gather further
information. All of this is covered in the manual and FAQ - please
read through those, as well:

https://guacamole.apache.org/faq/
https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/

-Nick