Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Sheng Liang (SH/RDC)" <sh...@ericsson.com> on 2004/12/03 06:34:39 UTC

How to add element with default value?

Hi:
  I am handling some XML document with Xerces. The version that I am using is 2.4
My task is:
  1. validate the XML document to a XML schema, which is achived already.
  2. if some elements with default value in schema don't present in XML document,
add them in the document.
  I am studying on the requirement 2. I am not sure whether Xerces can fulfill the requirement.
What features are needed to achieve it? Do I need to upgrade the Xerces to 2.6 in this task?

  Best Regards

Sheng Liang

Re: How to add element with default value?

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@parthenoncomputing.com>.
Hi,

    You can't do 2 with XML Schema. You could write some code to
navigate the schema grammar to find specific items and add them in
yourself.For more details on default values take a look at section 2.2.1 in

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/

Gareth

Sheng Liang (SH/RDC) wrote:

>Hi:
>  I am handling some XML document with Xerces. The version that I am using is 2.4
>My task is:
>  1. validate the XML document to a XML schema, which is achived already.
>  2. if some elements with default value in schema don't present in XML document,
>add them in the document.
>  I am studying on the requirement 2. I am not sure whether Xerces can fulfill the requirement.
>What features are needed to achieve it? Do I need to upgrade the Xerces to 2.6 in this task?
>

>  Best Regards
>

>Sheng Liang

Gareth Reakes, Managing Director      Parthenon Computing
+44-1865-811184                  http://www.parthcomp.com