Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by David Frankson <df...@infinitecampus.org> on 2002/05/02 01:43:45 UTC

Shrink oversized pages to paper size

    I have a fo document for printing mailing labels and positioning on the printed document needs to be exact.  FOP generates a perfectly spaced PDF document, but when I print it, Acrobat scales it down a bit and throws the whole thing off.  Digging around I found that unchecking "Shrink oversized pages to paper size" makes it print exactly what I want, but "Shink" is checked by default and all users would need to remember to uncheck it before printing.

My page was defined with a .5in top and bottom margin and a .1875in left/right margin, and I experimented with the margins to try to keep it from shrinking, but had no luck.  No matter how large I make the margins, it still shrinks it.

Is there something in a FOP PDF that tells Acrobat that there is content in the full 8.5x11space and it needs to be scaled down?  Is there any way to prevent the automatic shrink?

Dave