Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sreenivas <sp...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/14 09:40:19 UTC

jmeter-Cookie is not shared among all the threads

Hi All,

I am doing a performance testing for a web server using jmeter. My web
application will update the cookies dynamically after each http request. I
need to have the updated cookies (dynamically) for the subsequent requests
in the thread. i.e, for a given thread the cookies should be shared among
all the http requests sent.

I have attached the image of my sample thread group.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p23535813/jmeter1.jpeg

 I have added an http cookie manager at the thread level to handle the
cookies.
My objective of testing is: I have put an http request in the for loop to
run 5 times, the request should be sent to the server with the previously
updated cookie for each run in the for loop.
so that my server response should vary depending on the cookie information.
jmeter is not capturing the dynamic cookie info after each request. because
of that my next subsequent request not sent with the updated cookie info.
Can anybody help me out in capturing the cookies dynamically and giving to
the next request.

Thanks
Sreenivas

Re: jmeter-Cookie is not shared among all the threads

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14/05/2009, Sreenivas <sp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
>  I am doing a performance testing for a web server using jmeter. My web
>  application will update the cookies dynamically after each http request. I
>  need to have the updated cookies (dynamically) for the subsequent requests
>  in the thread. i.e, for a given thread the cookies should be shared among
>  all the http requests sent.
>
>  I have attached the image of my sample thread group.
>
>  http://www.nabble.com/file/p23535813/jmeter1.jpeg
>
>   I have added an http cookie manager at the thread level to handle the
>  cookies.

OK.

>  My objective of testing is: I have put an http request in the for loop to
>  run 5 times, the request should be sent to the server with the previously
>  updated cookie for each run in the for loop.
>  so that my server response should vary depending on the cookie information.
>  jmeter is not capturing the dynamic cookie info after each request. because
>  of that my next subsequent request not sent with the updated cookie info.
>  Can anybody help me out in capturing the cookies dynamically and giving to
>  the next request.

Try adding a Tree View Listener so you can see what cookies are being
returned by the server. If the cookie is not sent in the next request,
then double-check that the path etc. is valid.