Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Igor Fedulov <if...@outlook.net> on 2002/02/05 21:31:07 UTC

Is it a BUG? (Tomcat Web Server v3.2 (final))

Hello All:

I'm new to this list, so please forgive me if I post something which was
posted before. I tried to search
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/ and come up
with nothing.

Environment:
1. Netbeans 3.3.1 with built in Tomcat 3.2 server
2. web.xml fragment:
	<security-constraint>
		<web-resource-collection>
			<web-resource-name>SecurePages</web-resource-name>
			<description>Security constraint for resources in
the secure directory</description>
			<url-pattern>/secure/*</url-pattern>
			<http-method>POST</http-method>
			<http-method>GET</http-method>
		</web-resource-collection>

		<auth-constraint>
			<description>only let the system user login
</description>
			<role-name>admin</role-name>
		</auth-constraint>

		<user-data-constraint>
			<description>SSL not required</description>
			<transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
		</user-data-constraint>
	</security-constraint>
    	<login-config>
    		<auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
    		<form-login-config>
    			<form-login-page>/LoginForm.html</form-login-page>

<form-error-page>/LoginError.html</form-error-page>
    		</form-login-config>
    	</login-config>
	<security-role>
	    <description>Admin ROLE</description>
	    <role-name>admin</role-name>
 	</security-role>
3. Problem:

a. request such as http://localhost:8080/secure getting routed to
/LoginForm.html as described in web.xml which is cool and what I want.
b. request such as http://localhost:8080//secure returns directory
listing of secure directory without auth...

If this is fixed or known bug please let me know.

Thanks!

--
Best regards,