Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Maik Schürer <Ma...@proveo.de> on 2005/06/17 11:57:09 UTC

Crimson parser and Java 1.5

Hi all,
when I use Java 1.5, I can not instantiate SVGDocumentFactory df = new
SAXSVGDocumentFactory("org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl")
because the Crimson parser is no more included in this JDK. Is there in
Java 1.5 an other parser which implements SVGDocumentFactory
or must I add the Crimson parser again ?
Or what implementation of SVGDocumentFactory would you recommend generally ?
Thanks
Maik

Re: Crimson parser and Java 1.5

Posted by Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 11:57 +0200, Maik Schürer wrote:
> Hi all,
> when I use Java 1.5, I can not instantiate SVGDocumentFactory df = new
> SAXSVGDocumentFactory("org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl")
> because the Crimson parser is no more included in this JDK. Is there in
> Java 1.5 an other parser which implements SVGDocumentFactory
> or must I add the Crimson parser again ?

I think the included xerces parser is fine.

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--
Sketsa