Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tim McNerney <mc...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/06 19:18:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Viewing Connection Information Using event MPM and /server-status

It seems to me working with Apache 2.2.6 compiled for event MPM that /
server-status is missing details on existing connections. I no longer
see any keep-alives on the Extended status page. This makes sense, as
the /server-status page is basically showing the different workers and
the workers are now decoupled and no longer connected to a particular
connection, but we still want to monitor the connections and their
state.

Am I missing something and the information I want is already there,
but I'm misinterpreting it?

If not, is there an extension to /server-status or the like that
allows me to see the connection information?

If not, is there a plan extend /server-status for event MPM to include
this information or create some other way of monitoring it?

Thanks.

--Tim

Re: [users@httpd] Viewing Connection Information Using event MPM and /server-status

Posted by Tim McNerney <mc...@gmail.com>.
I will do so.

The key is that I do not have access to the production boxes, so
netstat (or lsof, etc) is not an option. That and it would be great to
have all the information in one place and as we have been using
prefork, people expect to see the information on the server-status
page in terms of how many keep-alives we have.

Also, I've seen some G (graceful) entries on the scoreboard with event
MPM. I'm used to seeing those with apachectl -k graceful run, but I
was wondering if it could happen without restarting when shrinking the
pool of servers.

--Tim

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.