Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by JavaGuy84 <bb...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/12 17:47:06 UTC

How does ReversedWildcardFilterFactory work?

Hi,

I am just curious to know how this class works and how this can be
implemented in right way.

I got the details from JIRA as below

This patch is an implementation of the "reversed tokens" strategy for
efficient leading wildcards queries.
ReversedWildcardsTokenFilter reverses tokens and returns both the original
token (optional) and the reversed token (with positionIncrement == 0).
Reversed tokens are prepended with a marker character to avoid collisions
between legitimate tokens and the reversed tokens - e.g. "DNA" would become
"and", thus colliding with the regular term "and", but with the marker
character it becomes "\u0001and".

I just want to know if I can just include a new fieldtype with
ReversedWildcardFilterFactory class and start the index? and will that take
care of reversing the strings for all the fields present in the schema?

This is what I have done as of now, I have added a field with fieldtype
text_rev which implements ReversedWildcardFilterFactory class .. Is that it?

<field name="text_rev" type="text_rev" indexed="true" stored="false"/> <!--
this will be the text in reversed order -->

I dont have to reverse each and every field which is getting indexed right?

Thanks,
Barani