Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John Watt <jw...@dcs.gla.ac.uk> on 2005/10/14 13:48:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache and the JVM

Hi,

I have a Fedora Core 1 installation with its native HTTPD server
(2.0.50) (all installed as root)

I am trying to invoke the JVM from an Apache module using the
JNI_CreateJavaVM call and it crashes claiming:

> Unable to load native library: libverify.so: cannot open shared object

> file: No such file or directory

Java is installed as user root.root in /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_04. The
libverify.so is in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386/server and is in my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

If I run the test app as root it runs fine, if I su to apache and change
the group owner of the app to apache, it fails.

I have set my java directory to rwx for everyone. Why is apache not able
to load the Java libraries?

Many thanks,

John

Dr. John Watt, National e-Science Centre, Glasgow