Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by iali <ia...@arcsolutions.com> on 2015/12/04 16:46:42 UTC

Java_December vulnerability

Hi Guys,

I just want to confirm if ActiveMQ is affected by Java_December
vulnerability as explained in http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/576313

If so how can we patch our site to resolve this vulnerability and when will
a new release will be available with this fix.

Regards,
Imran

Re: Java_December vulnerability

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
http://foxglovesecurity.com/2015/11/06/what-do-weblogic-websphere-jboss-jenkins-opennms-and-your-application-have-in-common-this-vulnerability/
was a good (though repetitive) overview of the vulnerability, and of one
proposed fix (cracking open the commons-collections JAR and removing the

Posted by jahlborn <ja...@gmail.com>.
This certainly seems related, although it predates the vulerability notice:

Re: Java_December vulnerability

Posted by Andrew Clemons <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Java_December vulnerability

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
Also, this fix will be included in 5.12.2 as well when that is released.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
It is hard to determine based on that message and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COLLECTIONS-580.  Based on my
searching so far, it looks like that feature of collections is not used in
ActiveMQ.

Specifically, I searched on InvokerTransformer and did not find any
occurrence in the code.

It would help to have specific details of how commons collection is
vulnerable.  ActiveMQ does use commons collection.

Note that I do know for sure that the openwire implementation uses its own
serialization methods, so it's highly unlikely that the openwire protocol is
suceptible.