Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Swamy Thota <sw...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/14 20:21:54 UTC

UUID Logical type not working in Java

Hello All,

I'm trying to use uuid logical type in one of my AVRO schema with string as
avro type. The generated class has the field type as string but I'm
expecting it to be UUID, is this a known issue? It works for other logical
types local-timestamp-millis as an example. Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,
Swamy Thota

Re: UUID Logical type not working in Java

Posted by Swamy Thota <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ryan,

The work around mentioned in the below issue is working fine. Thanks for
the help.

Posted by Ryan Skraba <ry...@skraba.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Swamy Thota <sw...@gmail.com>.