Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by sam tam <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/22 15:20:21 UTC

Tuscany ODE - integration

Hello,

In the process on integrating Tuscany & ODE,

I have started to with implementation-bpel [skeleton available in the trunk]

To start with,

In order to invoke a Bpel Process in ODE,
we require
1) Deployment Directory
2) Service Id
3) Operation [from wsdl / java interface ]
4) Input Args.

So my plan is to provide DeploymentDir & ServiceId in the composite file.

In order to invoke, we have an interface and client as usual. In the client
the we invoke : bpelservice.hello(Input_Args) where hello - operation name.

By this we can start with an initial run. In the Invoker of Bpel
Implementation we can setUp, Run, invoke bpel process get response and
finally tear down ODE runtime.

Am almost done with this work except one problem:
In this process of Invocation :
Considering CRUD sample /Bpel_Implemenation skeleton, the function
name(Operation Name eg: hello,create etc..) for the client is given in the
CRUD interface
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/samples/implementation-crud-extension/src/main/java/crud/CRUD.java

But this Implementation is specific for one client ,  how  to do such that
runtime automatically finds the impl of the user defined methods,
and goes on invoking it ?

Is my approach for the integartion  Tuscany / ODE acceptabe ?

Kindly provide your views..[esp. Lucaino , Matthieu , Ant and all other
members ]

Sam...

Re: Tuscany ODE - integration

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sam,

I've submitted a patch yesterday to apply on the skeleton that Luciano
provided (see [1]). It's a first step to get something up and running. I'm
also discussing with the Tuscany guys how to handle the ODE configuration
(see [2]). As for process deployment, we wouldn't have a deployment
directory as in the "standard" ODE as the deployment is going to be provided
by Tuscany as a SCA assembly (which is basically going to break our process
store but one problem at a time :) ).

So please have a look at the patch and check the SCA assembly model
specification [3]. From there we can start incrementing.

Matthieu

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1365
[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-dev/200706.mbox/%3cfbdc6a970706201720y379ae54cqcf6ed5dfea64e55a@mail.gmail.com%3e