Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/28 17:53:16 UTC

Old release artifacts

I just got a note from infrastructure that they're going to be asking
projects to remove old release artifacts from
http://www.apache.org/dist/ and checked to see if we had any which we
do.

It looks like we'll need to move 0.11.0, 0.11.1, and 1.0.1 to the
archive place. Does anyone know where that is?

Re: Old release artifacts

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 09:32, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 28 Feb 2011, at 18:30, Noah Slater wrote:
>

> > On 28 Feb 2011, at 16:53, Paul Davis wrote:
> >
> >> It looks like we'll need to move 0.11.0, 0.11.1, and 1.0.1 to the
> >> archive place. Does anyone know where that is?
> >
> > Don't worry about that Paul, I'll help you. :)
> >
> > The question for the list is:
> >
> > Which releases do we want to discontinue support for now?
> >
> > Please review:
> >
> > http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html
> >
> > Paul has suggested we remove:
> >
> >       1.0.1
> >       0.11.1
> >       0.11.0
> >
> > Do we have consensus?
>
> I think this translates to "latest version, and latest bug-fix release of
> the previous (mid-digit) version." which I approve of as it is pretty common
> :)

+1

Re: Old release artifacts

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 28 Feb 2011, at 18:30, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 28 Feb 2011, at 16:53, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> It looks like we'll need to move 0.11.0, 0.11.1, and 1.0.1 to the
>> archive place. Does anyone know where that is?
>
> Don't worry about that Paul, I'll help you. :)
>
> The question for the list is:
>
> Which releases do we want to discontinue support for now?
>
> Please review:
>
> http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> Paul has suggested we remove:
>
> 	1.0.1
> 	0.11.1
> 	0.11.0
>
> Do we have consensus?

I think this translates to "latest version, and latest bug-fix release of the previous (mid-digit) version." which I approve of as it is pretty common :)

Cheers
Jan

Re: Old release artifacts

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On 28 Feb 2011, at 21:29, Paul Davis wrote:

> Also, a note in the text on http://apache.org/dist/couchdb on where to find older versions similar to what we have on
> http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html might be useful.

Makes sense.

> Also, we might want to update the grouping of release info on the
> couchdb.a.o page because it would suggest that 0.11.0 is a current release.

Ditto.

Re: Old release artifacts

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 28 Feb 2011, at 16:53, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> It looks like we'll need to move 0.11.0, 0.11.1, and 1.0.1 to the
>> archive place. Does anyone know where that is?
>
> Don't worry about that Paul, I'll help you. :)
>
> The question for the list is:
>
> Which releases do we want to discontinue support for now?
>
> Please review:
>
> http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> Paul has suggested we remove:
>
>        1.0.1
>        0.11.1
>        0.11.0
>
> Do we have consensus?

Doh, exactly. I should've listed the versions i was planning on
removing but Noah's done that for me.

Also, a note in the text on http://apache.org/dist/couchdb on where to
find older versions similar to what we have on
http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html might be useful.

Also, we might want to update the grouping of release info on the
couchdb.a.o page because it would suggest that 0.11.0 is a current
release. Perhaps having a current releases section that would
currently have 1.0.2 and 0.11.2 and then a previous releases section
that'd have 1.0.1 and 0.11.1 info. And then move releases through the
two stages as we make new ones?

Re: Old release artifacts

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.