Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Karl Berry <ka...@consort.superb.net> on 2002/12/21 19:09:24 UTC

[users@httpd] configure --enable-modules=all doesn't

Apache 2.0.43, red hat 8.0, (gnu/linux-i386 2.4.18-14smp).

After unpacking the 2.0.43 distribution tarball, I did
  configure --enable-modules=all --with-layout=Apache

and was surprised that this did not actually enable all (at least
non-experimental) modules.  Same results with --enable-mods-shared=all.

I can see how it's desirable not to enable absolutely all modules; for
instance, choosing only one of cgi or cgid according to the mpm, only
including isapi under windows, suexec has potential security issues if
misconfigured, etc.

The modules I was surprised to find lacking from `all' were
deflate, cache, ext_filter, proxy, ssl, usertrack.

I looked at the documentation, searched google and the mailing list,
poked a bit at the source, but couldn't find any explanation.  So I'm
asking the list before reporting a bug, as the apache web page tells me to.

I already forged ahead by explicitly specifying --enable-ssl etc. to
configure, so that's fine.  This message is just to see if there's some
obvious explanation that I'm missing as to why the above modules weren't
included in --enable-modules=all.  Any information appreciated.

Thanks,
karl@freefriends.org

Re: [users@httpd] configure --enable-modules=all doesn't

Posted by JDeSalle <jd...@earthlink.net>.
Karl,

Look in /etc/httpd/conf.d you might find those missing module configs.
Also if you look at the httpd.conf file you should see an include
directive that looks
like this  Include conf.d/*.conf just above your LoadModules configuration.

hope this helps

jd