Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Piotr Bzdyl <pi...@bzdyl.net> on 2005/09/14 10:33:43 UTC

[m2] jar artifact with par extension

Hello,

(I was writing to this mailing list before partially about this problem:
Demo application based on JBoss DVD trailblaizer)

I tried to create following project:
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <parent>
    <groupId>net.bzdyl.demo</groupId>
    <artifactId>demo</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </parent>
  <groupId>net.bzdyl.demo</groupId>
  <artifactId>demo-par</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.persistence</groupId>
      <artifactId>ejb</artifactId>
      <version>3.0-public_review</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <source>1.5</source>
          <target>1.5</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
          <configuration>
            <finalNameExt>par</finalNameExt>
          </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

To make this project work I patched maven-jar-plugin adding finalNameExt
property (I submitted patch to MNG-699).

m2 package works fine and generates demo-par-{version}.par in the target
directory. But m2 install doesn't work because it tries to copy
target/demo-par-{version}.jar instead of par. Is that mean that I should
create separate plugin (ie. maven-par-plugin) and add new packaging type
(to the maven-core I guess)?

I have the same problem in another project where I set packaging to jar
and finalNameExt to ejb3.

Best regards,
Piotrek

Re: [m2] jar artifact with par extension

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I'm having the same problem - what is the best solution for this use case?