Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com> on 2004/06/15 17:09:36 UTC

JAAS setup

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, so if someone can
point me to a JAAS mailing list that would be great.

If I put a jaas.config in my WEB-INF/classes/ directory, I have to have
something that does System.setProperty(
"java.security.auth.login.config", jaasFile );
That's just fine, except that each webapp has their own jaas.config file.
So the last webapp that loads "wins" and its jaas.config file is the one
that the whole system uses.

What we have now is one instance of the jaas.config file in jre/lib/ext/.
It is not the easiest thing in the world to get our production servers to
change things like the jass.config file, so it would be nicer if each
webapp could carry their own.  But alas, it seems like the only way to
tell java where to find the jaas.config file is with a system property.

So, does anyone know another way to let java know where it is besides the
system property?  Does anyone know where would be a good place to look?

Thanks a lot.

Charlie