Posted to user@ode.apache.org by kodeninja <ko...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/08 11:33:34 UTC

Trying to understand the "failureHandling" ode extension

Howdy,

In a <failureHandling> element, do retryFor and retryDelay values apply only
to failures? If the invoked operation throws a fault, will the retry still
happen?

Taking a hypothetical example:

<invoke operation="getStockQuote" partnerLink="stockPL" portType="stockPort"
inputVariable="stockSymbol" outputVariable="stockQuote">

    <failureHandling>
        <faultOnFailure>true</faultOnFailure>
        <retryFor>5</retryFor>
        <retryDelay>30</retryDelay>
    </failureHandling>

    <catchAll>
        ... <!-- Do something -->
    </catchAll>

</invoke>

So, in the above example, if the operation throws a fault, the catchAll
would be executed. After that, would the operation still be retried? Or is
that retries happen only for failures, and not faults?

-Kodeninja

Re: Trying to understand the "failureHandling" ode extension

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
No, because the extension only deals with failures.

alex

Posted by kodeninja <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.

Re: How to use org.apache.axiom.om within the project ode-bpel-runtime

Posted by Pascal Aho <P....@gmx.net>.
Hi Milinda,

Thank you for your Answer. It works fine.

Cheers,

Pascal.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
You need to modify build script(Rakefile ) to get build working. You need to

Re: How works ODE?

Posted by Pascal Aho <P....@gmx.net>.
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your Reply. I already got the answer. As you said I had to modify the buildfile which name is Rakefile with my ODE version.

It works fine now.

Cheers,

Pascal.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Re: How works ODE?

Posted by Daniel Schleicher <sc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Pascal,

Re: How works ODE?

Re: How works ODE?

Posted by Pascal Aho <P....@gmx.net>.
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. It was very helpfull.

Cheers,

Pascal.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Re: How works ODE?