Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Trevor Francis <tr...@tgrahamcapital.com> on 2012/11/09 16:57:39 UTC

Public Network Slow

I have CS4 running with XS 6.02 hosts.

I am running advanced network with network throttling setting set to 2000mb/sec for network and 1000mb/sec for guests.

When I do a yum update, from the Cloudstack box (physical machine), which is on the same VLAN as my public network I get a very fast yum update. When I perform the exactly same update from any guest VM running the same OS, I get horribly slow download speeds...near 50k/sec on a 10mb network connection.

I have 2 guest networks, (private and public). One is a default Isolated network and the other is a shared network (which allows me to direct assign public IPs to the guests)

Any thoughts?

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | The PeerEdge Cloud
http://www.46labs.com | http://www.peeredge.net
405-362-0046 - Voice  | 405-410-4980 - Cell
trevorgfrancis - Skype
trevor@46labs.com

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

Re: Public Network Slow

Posted by Trevor Francis <tr...@tgrahamcapital.com>.
Strange. It is extremely slow when I do a download using CPVM, but when I ssh into machine....it is running at native speed. Very strange.