Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Yao Xu <my...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/05 03:49:51 UTC

load-on-startup for AxisServlet

Hi,

Once I have published my services successfully into
Axis, I would like to have the service be loaded while
the Axis server is started.

I am hoping by adding '<load-on-startup/>' in
following file for AxisServlet would load those
services:
$somedir/axis/tomcat/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/web.xml

<web-app>
  <display-name>Apache-Axis</display-name>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
    <display-name>Apache-Axis Servlet</display-name>
    <servlet-class>
        org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet
    </servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup/>
  </servlet>

However, after I restarted tomcat (with Axsis
installed), there seems no effect.

Please advise what would be an appropriate way to do
this.

Thanks

Yao

http://mailplus.yahoo.com