Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/07/16 23:13:45 UTC

IE4 PR2

Few details yet, but it appears that microsoft really screwed up ie4 pr2's
HTTP/1.1 support.  It *does* claim to be 1.1, it has an option to disable
1.1.  It appears not to like Apache's 1.1 responses in some cases.  I
think they're related to java, but I'm not sure yet.

Allow me to curse now.  Apache and Jigsaw are the only two released 1.1
servers.  How hard would it have been for them to test against apache.

I guess I'll risk the sanity of my home pc and give it a try later ... I'm
curious what of 1.1 they've implemented.

Dean

Re: IE4 PR2

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.
On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Allow me to curse now.  Apache and Jigsaw are the only two released 1.1
> servers.  How hard would it have been for them to test against apache.

Think back to last week when the Microsoft HTTP/1.1 cop moaned that
my server (using 'DONE' shortcuts) wasn't sending valid 1.1 responses.

In their defence, it is still a beta. Bash their heads in when they
release the final 4.0 with the bugs unsquished.