Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by so...@apache.org on 2008/06/16 19:50:33 UTC

Subversion help for Lenya-1.3

Hi Devs,

The latest changes to Lenya-1.3 broke integration with Cocoon 2.1.11,
created ant build errors, and caused runtime errors with the
libraries.  I gave up trying to fix the current branch and created a
new development environment from the 20080320 commit rev 639174.

I am still learning Subversion.  A commit from my current environment
should mix the new code with the broken branch.  My development
environment is Eclipse-3.3.1.1 with Subclipse-1.2.4.  I can create a
branch from a specific revision, but I have yet to discover how to
revert commits.

How can the 1.3 branch revert to rev 639174?

Thank you,
solprovider

Re: Subversion help for Lenya-1.3

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 6/17/08, Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 13:50 -0400, solprovider@apache.org wrote:
>  > I am still learning Subversion.  A commit from my current environment
>  > should mix the new code with the broken branch.  My development
>  > environment is Eclipse-3.3.1.1 with Subclipse-1.2.4.  I can create a
>  > branch from a specific revision, but I have yet to discover how to
>  > revert commits.
>  >
>  > How can the 1.3 branch revert to rev 639174?
>  > Thank you,
>  > solprovider
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch04s04.html#svn-ch-4-sect-4.2
>
>  svn merge -r 303:302 http://svn.example.com/repos/calc/trunk
>
>  Would be in your case something like
>  svn merge -r HEAD:639174
>  https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lenya/branches/revolution/1.3.x/
>  HTH
>  salu2
>  Thorsten Scherler

So I need to use a different svn client -- Subclipse in Eclipse does
not have the ability to revert commits.  I believed that, but hoped
otherwise.  TortoiseSVN damaged MSWindows on one computer -- I will
run this command from that computer so I do not need to install an svn
client on my main development system..  (All my active computers are
running MSWindows due to my computing requirements of the last few
years.  A few PCs will be wiped and reinstalled when I have time, but
I would rather program.)

Thank you for the correct syntax.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.