Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Joe Terry <jo...@knowself.com> on 2001/11/01 19:45:45 UTC

Screens and Layouts ... the bulb is dim ...

I thank you all and apologize in advance, but frankly turbine team, I feel like I'm in the wilderness. After I get this screen/layout thing working then I will be on to ...

A) Expanding the "Turbine_User" table and creating another table with a foreign key so that my users will have a set of persistent properties. (I tried the "Extend User Howto" and it was very confused and confusing, I'll try again, but we need more coherent documentation)

B) Managing database access to several tables and preparing associated screens.

C) Getting logging to work so that activities on the site can be monitored and quantified.

Anyone have a more developed application than "newapp" that comes with the TDK that I can look at?

Joet

I have the following structure ...

screens/
    admin/Administration.vm
    admin/ManageCustomers.vm

layouts/
    admin/Default.vm
    Default.vm

It seems that my "admin/Default.vm" layout is not being used when I call "admin/Administration.vm". If I have an "Administration.vm" in the layout directory and put "Administration.vm" the screen directly in the "screens" directory it does call the layout correctly, but I guess I do want the "correct" structure from the beginning.

So, I must fight to get the correct structure working. I don't know what's wrong and I don't know where to look to fix it.

Is there something I'm missing, some document, or some website?

Joet

> I have a screen in a subdirectory of the "screens" directory and I want it
> to have a different layout. Where do I specify this?

screens/
   chemistry/Index.vm
   physics/Index.vm

layouts/