Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2013/01/04 22:30:52 UTC

Fwd: CHIP Award Top Download 2012

Good news: Apache OpenOffice was in the Top 100 downloads of CHIP online
for 2012 (it was in the top 10 too, of course).

See the message below for more information and links, suitable for a
news item on our website. The logo they attached, in case it is useful
for our website, is temporarily hosted at
http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/tmp/top-download-logo-red.eps

By the way, we are talking about 4 million downloads that should be
added to the 30 millions count, since CHIP apparently uses its own
download servers.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Rob
>
> I have some skill in HTML and CSS. I do not know whether they are good. Any
> way send me the orignal of http://www.openoffice.org/awards/ and I will try
> to organize better

Great.  I'll email you a zip file of that page.

-Rob

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
Dear Mr. Rob

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
Dear Mr. Rob

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> Good news: Apache OpenOffice was in the Top 100 downloads of CHIP online for
> 2012 (it was in the top 10 too, of course).

Cool.  And I see that they offer both open source and commercial
downloads, such as Acrobat Reader and Flash Player.  So getting into
their top 10 is quite an accomplishment.

> See the message below for more information and links, suitable for a news
> item on our website. The logo they attached, in case it is useful for our
> website, is temporarily hosted at
> http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/tmp/top-download-logo-red.eps

I converted the EPS to a bitmap and added it here:

http://www.openoffice.org/awards/

Note:  This page is in serious need of attention from someone with
good HTML/CSS skills.  What we have now does not really give respect
to the honor that the project receives with these awards.

This could be a great task for a new volunteer, so I've cc'ed the
marketing list as well.

If anyone is interested in creating a prototype of a new awards page,
please let me know and I can send you a zip of the images and HTML for
that page.

Regards,

-Rob

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.