Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io> on 2018/08/22 16:39:38 UTC

tests are using too much memory

The single-threaded gradle build is now using xmx3g but when tests start
running it's consuming over 4gb.  I also have Intellij and Chrome
running on my 16gb laptop and the tests are causing me to run out of
RAM.  It's set to use 1/2 of the CPUs on a machine but I am finding that
all of my CPUS are pegged.

Can we change this behavior to only run tests in parallel if "-parallel"
has been specified, or ramp it down to 1/4 of the CPUs?

Re: tests are using too much memory

Posted by Jacob Barrett <jb...@pivotal.io>.
https://github.com/apache/geode/pull/2362

Posted by Jacob Barrett <jb...@pivotal.io>.