Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Miguel Griffa <mg...@technisys.net> on 2004/03/09 23:25:39 UTC

How to ignore xdoclets tags on javadoc

Hi all,
This is my first post to the list.
I'm becoming a fan of maven, but I find myself still climbing the
learning curve...

Could anyone tellme
How can I ignore some tags on maven javadoc report?
(I have lots of xdoclet tags)

Thanks in advance

--

Miguel Griffa
Software Architect

Miami +1 305 357 8109
Madrid +34 915 726 763
Buenos Aires: +54 11 43227100
mgriffa@technisys.net
http://www.technisys.net

Re: How to ignore xdoclets tags on javadoc

Posted by Kevin Hagel <kh...@mminternet.com>.
http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/javadoc/properties.html

at the top of your maven.xml you can be sure to nclude this kind of
thing (among others)

<project
  xmlns:ant="jelly:ant"

below is actually from an ant build.xml target.  visit that link at top
and look at the maven.javadoc.customtags down in the middle of the page.
the stuff below will work in your maven.xml, there are better ways to do
it that are more "maven", but this can help get you started.

Let's assume you have your local repostiory in $MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL (that's
linux, for windows it's %MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL%)
Look in $MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin-1.3 for a file
called plugin.jelly
I learned a lot from looking in the plugin.jelly files in the plugins
directory, they are in the exact same format as a maven.xml file

<goal name="javadocs">
        <ant:javadoc sourcepath="${src.dir}"
            destdir="${javadoc.dest.dir}"
            packagenames="*"
            defaultexcludes="yes"
            Private="true"
            verbose="no"
            group="true"
            stylesheetfile="${basedir}/docs/stylesheet.css"
            failonerror="false"
            Overview="${basedir}/docs/overview.html">

            <ant:tag name="web.servlet" scope="overview" enabled="false"/>
            <ant:tag name="web.listener" enabled="false"/>
            <ant:tag name="web.filter" enabled="false"/>
            <ant:tag name="hibernate.property" enabled="false"/>
            <ant:tag name="hibernate.class" enabled="false"/>
            <ant:tag name="hibernate.id" enabled="false"/>
            <ant:tag name="todo" scope="all" description="To do:" />
            <ant:packageset dir="${java.src.dir}">
            </packageset>
            <ant:classpath refid="compile.classpath" />
            <ant:link
href="http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/api/"/>
            <ant:link
href="http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/apidocs-COLLECTIONS_2_1/"/>