Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/18 19:10:43 UTC

Wicket 1.3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT kitchensink release is available

All,

I've uploaded a kitchen sink release of Wicket
1.3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT to my p.a.o site. The kitchen sink does not
contain the quickstart as a binary because I think that should be a
separate download (it does contain the sources, otherwise it won't
build).

You can download this release from here:

 * http://people.apache.org/~dashorst/releases/wicket-1.3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/

Please verify the release using the MD5, SHA and ASC files. The files
have been signed with my private key. The public part can be found
here:

 * http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wicket/common/KEYS

This is not a vote for releasing this yet. I just wanted to give you
an update and ask if this is the project release file we want to
support and supply to our users.

I'm now going to try to shoehorn maven into building separate
assemblies for our projects, to see how that works out.

Things to check:
 - signing of release (asc, md5 and sha files)
 - location of NOTICE, LICENSE, README, DISCLAIMER in projects and in jar's
 - contents of afore mentioned files
 - no jars that are not Apache licensed
 - is this the format we want our release to be in?
 - does it build from source?
 - does it blend?

Martijn

ps. Releasing using maven is not a fun job.

--
Learn Wicket at ApacheCon Europe: http://apachecon.com
Wicket 1.2.5 will keep your server alive. Download Wicket now!

Re: Wicket 1.3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT kitchensink release is available

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
i like it

the only thing that nicks me is that we have src/src folder, but i guess
that is a maven requirement? if so im ok with it, if we can rename it to
src/mvn it would be better i think.

good job martijn!

-igor

Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.
On 18/03/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Things to check:
>  - signing of release (asc, md5 and sha files)

 Checked the zip ones - all fine.
 Are those the std Apache format for the checksum contents? (The
Windows app I was using was expecting lowercase, no space "data
filename" format but I expect that's doing it's own thing.).

>  - location of NOTICE, LICENSE, README, DISCLAIMER in projects and in jar's

 Seems fine to me

>  - contents of afore mentioned files

As above
>  - no jars that are not Apache licensed