Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ra...@seagate.com on 2006/11/27 20:00:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Using Apache httpd 2.0.59 with WLS 9.2 plugin in worker MPM model

 In our previous app  we used the non threaded prefork MPM model instead of
the worker threaded MPM model - given Apache's recommendation for using the
prefork model for stability  This was using Apache with JBoss App server
I am going to be using Apache 2.0.59 with the WLS 9.2 plugin on RHEL in a
new app that we are working on.  The BEA website
mentions(http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs92/plugins/apache.html) that for
using keep alive connections between the Apache plugin and WLS,  the Apache
1.3 multi-process model is not supported. Which would mean that in order to
have keepalive between the Apache plugin and WLS, i would have to use the
multi threaded mpm worker model in Apache 2.0.59.
Would appreciate if anyone out there has any comments on using this model
in terms of scalibility and stability?

Thanks

Ramdas