Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/08 08:10:36 UTC

Community Meetings 2019

Hi folks,
I think it is time to resume Community Meetings in 2019.

Currently we are running the meeting at 8 AM PST, every two weeks.

We can decide to change the date, if we find it uncomfortable.

Jia and I were proposing to have a variable time for the call,
depending on the needs or depending from the person who "calls" for a
specific topic.

I see that that time is not good for Jia and people from China.

The goals of the community meetings are:
- Let community members 'meet' each other
- Discuss proposals
- Discuss about problems
- Share our projects/usages of BookKeeper/DL

Every decision in ASF must be taken on ML, but we are humans and
humans "like" to talk and I find this meetings an important way of
"making community"

Best regards

Enrico

Re: Community Meetings 2019

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I have removed the old invitation and created new invitation on Apache
BookKeeper Community Calendar.

We will have two schedules in a monthly basis, one at 8 am PST and the
other one at 4 pm PST. I have also sent the invitation to dev@ mailing list.

You can check the "community meeting" page -
http://bookkeeper.apache.org/community/meeting/

Also I created a zoom meeting invitation. You can find all the details of
zoom meeting in calendar invitation. (zoom has better connectivities in
China).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Sijie