Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Diethelm Guallar, Gonzalo" <Go...@sonda.com> on 2001/08/16 21:52:41 UTC

Changing SessionValidator

I need to force a Turbine app to forget about checking
the user against the Turbine DB; in fact, the user will
NOT exist in that DB, and it will be validated by an
external process.  To accomplish this, I plan to  change
the SessionValidator to do basically this:

public class MySessionValidator extends TemplateSessionValidator
{
    public void doPerform( RunData data ) throws Exception
    {
        data.setUser(TurbineSecurity.getAnonymousUser());
        data.save();
    }
}

Is this the right approach? Can anybody point any potential
pitfalls with this approach?

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@sonda.com

Re: Changing SessionValidator

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 8/16/01 12:52 PM, "Diethelm Guallar, Gonzalo"
<Go...@sonda.com> wrote:

> I need to force a Turbine app to forget about checking
> the user against the Turbine DB; in fact, the user will
> NOT exist in that DB, and it will be validated by an
> external process.  To accomplish this, I plan to  change
> the SessionValidator to do basically this:
>
> public class MySessionValidator extends TemplateSessionValidator
> {
>   public void doPerform( RunData data ) throws Exception
>   {
>       data.setUser(TurbineSecurity.getAnonymousUser());
>       data.save();
>   }
> }
>
> Is this the right approach? Can anybody point any potential
> pitfalls with this appro

That will not do any user creation/validation for you though.

You should implement your own SecurityService who does the validation
against whatever you need. Look at how DBSecurityService and
LDAPSecurityService are implemented.

-jon