Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu> on 2014/11/19 16:05:50 UTC

Re: VCL 2.4 - development status

There are still 51 jira issues tagged for the upcoming release. I
suggest the following be either closed or pushed out to a later
release. Please confirm if these should be pushed out:

VCL-579 provision ESXi as an end-user env

VCL-572 Automatically install updates when an image is loaded

VCL-416 Fix the default user profile when capturing an image

VCL-465 Add support for computers with a single NIC

VCL-678 Reduce unnecessary output written to vcld.log

VCL-718 Add optional automatic execution of sdelete.exe to reduce vmdk size

VCL-308 Computer load log does not account for images that have to be
transferred to another management node

Others? Also if ones that have been completed or are still in
progress, please closed or updated.

Aaron

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Mark Gardner <mk...@vt.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>
> wrote:

>> I'd like to either close VCL-710 (Allow an admin to permanently delete an
>> image) as Won't Fix, or bump it to a later release.  The ability to delete
>> VMware image files has been added to the setup part of vcld.  I imagine
>> adding
>> other types of image files wouldn't be too difficult.  There is currently
>> no
>> way for the frontend to trigger something like this on the backend.  So, it
>> would require enough design and development that I don't think it is a good
>> idea to try to get it in 2.4.
>>

> +1 for postpone
> . D
> on't know about won't fix
> as I have not had the need.
>

> Mark
> --
> Mark Gardner

Aaron Peeler
Program Manager
Virtual Computing Lab
NC State University

Re: VCL 2.4 - development status

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
VCL-308 is being tested now.

It's been few days allowed for comments, I'll go ahead and move the
others to a later release.

Aaron

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Shouldn't take much for VCL-308, I'll look into it.
>
> Aaron
>

> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> These mostly seem backend related.  I'm okay with bumping them to another
>> release in the interest of time so that we can get 2.4 out.
>>
>> Would it take much on the backend to do something simple for VCL-308?  I don't
>> think it would take much on the frontend, and this can be rather confusing to
>> users when a reservation seems to be stuck for 30 minutes while an image gets
>> transferred.  So, if it would be fairly simple, we may want to go ahead and do
>> that one.
>>
>> Josh
>>
>> On Wednesday, November 19, 2014 10:05:50 AM Aaron Peeler wrote:
>>> There are still 51 jira issues tagged for the upcoming release. I
>>> suggest the following be either closed or pushed out to a later
>>> release. Please confirm if these should be pushed out:
>>>
>>> VCL-579 provision ESXi as an end-user env
>>>
>>> VCL-572 Automatically install updates when an image is loaded
>>>
>>> VCL-416 Fix the default user profile when capturing an image
>>>
>>> VCL-465 Add support for computers with a single NIC
>>>
>>> VCL-678 Reduce unnecessary output written to vcld.log
>>>
>>> VCL-718 Add optional automatic execution of sdelete.exe to reduce vmdk size
>>>
>>> VCL-308 Computer load log does not account for images that have to be
>>> transferred to another management node
>>>
>>> Others? Also if ones that have been completed or are still in
>>> progress, please closed or updated.
>>>
>>> Aaron

> --
> Aaron Peeler