Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by diptanjan <di...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/07 09:12:25 UTC

sa-compile

Hi all,

after updating spamassassin bu the following command

#sa-update do I need to run # sa-compile?

or just spamd restarting will serve the purpose?

TIA

Diptanjan

RE: sa-compile

Posted by diptanjan <di...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Phil,

Thanks for this wonderful document..

It explained lot of my queries.

Thank u again

Diptanjan

Check out Justin Mason's talk at MAAWG:

  http://taint.org/2007/06/05/153724a.html

Cheers,

Phil

--
Phil Randal
Network Engineer

RE: sa-compile

Posted by "Randal, Phil" <pr...@herefordshire.gov.uk>.

Re: sa-compile

Re: sa-compile

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
diptanjan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after updating spamassassin bu the following command
>
> #sa-update do I need to run # sa-compile?
>
> or just spamd restarting will serve the purpose?

If you want your rules compiled, yes, you must run sa-compile any time
you update your rules.  Also don't forget to enable the Rule2XSBody
plugin in v320.pre.

Daryl