Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by khinvra <kh...@yahoo.com> on 2011/08/10 05:59:52 UTC

Unable to run camel Exmaples

Hi,

I have downloaded camel examples and trying to run using maven. I get
following error

[root@localhost camel-example-cxf]# mvn compile
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.camel:camel-example-cxf:2.9-SNAPSHOT
(/ServiceMix/samplecode/examples/camel-example-cxf/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for
org.apache.camel:examples:2.9-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
org.apache.camel:camel-parent:pom:2.9-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath'
points at wrong local POM @ org.apache.camel:examples:2.9-SNAPSHOT,
/ServiceMix/samplecode/examples/pom.xml, line 21, column 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please
read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException
[root@localhost camel-example-cxf]#

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

thanks

Re: Unable to run camel Exmaples

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Can you build and install the parent module first. And then after that
build the example you want to try out.

camel-src
cd parent
mvn install
cd ..
cd examples
cd camel-example-cxf
mvn install

Alternatively you may need to add the Apache snapshot repo to your
maven pom.xml to be able to download the 2.9-SNAPSHOT jars. There is
details here
http://camel.apache.org/download

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 5:59 AM, khinvra <kh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded camel examples and trying to run using maven. I get
> following error
>
> [root@localhost camel-example-cxf]# mvn compile
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR]   The project org.apache.camel:camel-example-cxf:2.9-SNAPSHOT
> (/ServiceMix/samplecode/examples/camel-example-cxf/pom.xml) has 1 error
> [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for
> org.apache.camel:examples:2.9-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
> org.apache.camel:camel-parent:pom:2.9-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath'
> points at wrong local POM @ org.apache.camel:examples:2.9-SNAPSHOT,
> /ServiceMix/samplecode/examples/pom.xml, line 21, column 11 -> [Help 2]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
> switch.
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please
> read the following articles:
> [ERROR] [Help 1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
> [ERROR] [Help 2]