Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Casey Bisson <ca...@joyent.com> on 2015/10/05 15:15:44 UTC

MesosCon EU Hackathon hot list?

The MesosCon EU hackathon is this Friday!

Hopefully we all get a chance to build something silly, or fantastic, or just work through a really frustrating bug, but  this is a hackathon, so the goal is to meet people, have fun, and learn from each other.

Joyent is sponsoring the event and offering some awards in categories outlined in https://www.joyent.com/blog/mesos-we-heart-hack-you:

> Community need: These are issues logged in the Mesos issue tracker that have received a large amount of activity (comments, votes, etc), and address some of the larger problems or pain points for the community. Suggested projects include new features, bugs, or documentation.
>
> People’s choice: These contributions will be voted on by your peers, and our guidance is intentionally open-ended so teams will run wild with their ideas. We’re excited to see what you come up with.

I wanted to start conversation about that first category, the community needs. Is there a good reference for suggestions about those needs? Are there any teams forming around them?

Additionally, I’m wondering who will be on site for the hackathon. Are their people who are willing to be mentors? Are there others who are looking for mentors?

I’m looking forward to a fantastic event and meeting many people in the community. Thank you,

—Casey*

* Oh, hai. This is my first post to these lists. I work for Joyent on Triton, the container-native data center automation solution for public and private clouds. Learn more at https://www.joyent.com/triton.

Re: MesosCon EU Hackathon hot list?

Posted by Casey Bisson <ca...@joyent.com>.
Joyent has just announced additional details of their sponsorship, including prizes:

http://www.joyent.com/blog/getting-ready-for-mesoscon-hackathon

• Joyent is offering every participant a $10,000 credit for Triton Elastic Container services

• Each member of the winning teams in the community need and people’s choice categories will receive an Apple Watch Sport

• Winners of Joyent's container-native bonus awards will receive an additional $10,000 credit1 for Triton Elastic Container services. Again, this award goes to each team member

Fine print:

• Credits may only be used for Triton services in the Joyent public cloud. Credits are non-transferable and expire October 31, 2016. Maximum monthly usage limited to $1,000. Recipient must accept Joyent's standard terms of service and register their user information with Joyent staff during the event.

• Up to four participants per team, per hackathon rules.

Requests to the community:

• Please be sure to register for MesosCon Europe and tick the box saying you want to join the hackathon

• If you're an experienced Mesos hacker, please consider offering to mentor a project. Announce your availability via the mail list or on Twitter.

• Use the hashtag #mesohack in tweets and on Instagram and elsewhere

Finally, we can't wait to see your hacks, and will be toasting the winners at an After-Hack party Friday evening at the Habourmaster Pub. See you in Dublin!

Posted by Casey Bisson <ca...@joyent.com>.