Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Ryan H <ry...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/27 17:58:48 UTC

Changing All Stopped Processors to Disabled

Hi All,

Is there a good way to change all processors on the canvas that are stopped
to a disabled state instead? The problem is that we have a large amount of
processors on our canvas that are in the stopped state which is killing the
UI performance (wouldn't want to go to each of the 2,000 stopped processors
individually and mark as disabled). We just learned that this isn't an
issue (with regard to UI performance) when processors are in the disabled
state due to the way status checks are performed. I'm sure this could be
scripted with NiPy or something else, but just wanted to throw the question
out to the community first before delving into this.

Cheers,

Ryan H

Re: Changing All Stopped Processors to Disabled

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ryan,

If you're running 1.7 or later you can enable or disable in bulk just like
you can start or stop. It's supported right in NiFi UI. You can use actions
out of the Operate palette or the context menu.

Matt

Posted by Ryan H <ry...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like the ability to disable at the Process Group exists after 1.7, I
retract my question!

-Ryan H

Posted by Ryan H <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
Ryan,

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Ryan,

In later versions of NiFi (1.8.0 I believe) the validation is done in the background instead of in the web request,
so stopped processors won't slow down the UI. We also do allow the user to select 1 or more components and
disable/enable the components in bulk. Older versions did not allow for that.

Thanks
-Mark