Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Erik Allais <er...@altervisions.com> on 2007/07/16 10:00:15 UTC

JDBC component still exist?

hi,
i want to send queries inside my webmethod (jsr181)
I dont see a component which could help me to access easily to my
database...
Must i implement myself the jdbc logic inside my webmethod or there a way
more elegant to do that.

Regards,

Erik

Re: JDBC component still exist?

Posted by Andrea Zoppello <zo...@tiscali.it>.
In spagic our open source integration platform based on servicemix
we've an adanced jdbc component where:

1) The query is a parameter of the endpoint, it's not in the message content
2) You can configure the endpoint with a parametric query  and match the
    query parameters on the input message with xpath expressions
3) Call stored procedure

You can find here:

http://forge.objectweb.org/projects/spagic/

Take a look at the spagic-components package.

Regards
Andrea Zoppello

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Erik,

You don't call this component from your @WebMethod...

You have to send an XML message to the component which contains an
<sql>SELECT id, name, phone FROM accounts;</sql> element.  It will
execute the query it's been given...

In response, it will give you an XML message that looks like this:
<sqlResult>
    <row id="1" name="Jefke" phone="555-1234"/>
    <row ... />
</sqlResult>

If you want to expose it as a web service
- create an HTTP consumer endpoint for it which specified the WSDL
- translate your SOAP message to the required format for this component

Gert

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Erik,

You basically have to start a new MessageExchange with the lwcontainer
JDBC Component service from within your @WebMethod.  Have a look at the
section 'Accessing the JBI Bus' on
http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/servicemix-jsr181.html for more
information on this...

Gert

Posted by Erik Allais <er...@altervisions.com>.
Gert,

Unfortunately, there is no information about the jdbc lightweight component
on servicemix webpage.
This component missed. I have no idea how to specify the dynamically the
driver and the url of the jdbc database.

regards,
Erik

Posted by Erik Allais <er...@altervisions.com>.
Gert,

Posted by Erik Allais <er...@altervisions.com>.

Posted by ra...@wipro.com.

www.wipro.com

RE: JDBC component still exist?

Posted by Erik Allais <er...@altervisions.com>.

Posted by Erik Allais <er...@altervisions.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 25, 2007 8:41 AM, Matteo Redaelli <ma...@libero.it> wrote:

> Ciao
>
> What to you think if IBM/IONA commiters of ServiceMix would put "their"
> new
> patches/components in a IBM/IONA repository instead of ServiceMix
> repository? Even if thery were LGPL, it would not be GOOD for ServiceMix
> project.

Note that the JDBC component that Andrea is talking about is not developped
(afaik) by IBM or IONA people but by Engineering, an Italian company.
Also, Apache projects must use the Apache License and LGPL is incompatible.

> I think that all projects that use ServiceMix and create some new (JBI)
> components (related to ServiceMix) that could be useful for everyone
> should
> donate/submit/commit the components to the parent project (ServiceMix)
> instead of sharing it in their own repository. THERE SHOULD BE ONLY ONE
> REPOSITORY FOR ALL JBI COMPONENTS FOR SERVICEMIX. It would be more
> useful/easier for USERS like me

It's not always possible, due to licensing problems (in addition to the IP
company / people may want to keep).

Anyway, for JDBC, you can also have a look at Camel support (
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/jdbc.html)

> Thanks
> Matteo
> http://www.redaelli.org/matteo/
>

> Andrea Zoppello-2 wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >
> >>It's already released to community.
> >>It's open source licensed under LGPL. You can just take and use it.
> >
> >>Andrea Zoppello
> >

> >>Andrea Zoppello
> > Erik Allais ha scritto:
> >> Why you dont released this BC to servicemix community directly?
> >> It might have some problem if servicemix change to a newer version
> >>
> >> Thanks for this informations, i will try to use this component.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Erik

> with

> cimero

> spagic-service-manager1.0.0-RC1.zip
> http://forge.objectweb.org/project/download.php?group_id=298&file_id=8566>

> only

> Guide

> http://gnodet.blogspot.com/2007/06/accessing-databases-in-servicemix.htm

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: JDBC component still exist?

Posted by Matteo Redaelli <ma...@libero.it>.
Ciao

Posted by Andrea Zoppello <zo...@tiscali.it>.
Hi,

Posted by Erik Allais <er...@altervisions.com>.

Posted by Andrea Zoppello <zo...@tiscali.it>.
Hi,
Try to take a look at the Spagic Components Guide??
there are some examples.

Andrea

Posted by Erik Allais <er...@altervisions.com>.
hi,

I read somewhere that a webservice which call another webservice isn't
loosing coupling.
I try to respect as much as possible the SOA principle

Regards,
Erik

Posted by Andrea Zoppello <zo...@tiscali.it>.

Posted by Erik Allais <er...@altervisions.com>.
Hi andrea,

Posted by Andrea Zoppello <zo...@tiscali.it>.
Hi,

I don't understand why you think that spagic jdbc will not work in
feature???
If you look at the code:

- the jdbc poller component is a standard binding component

- the jdbc service engine is implemented using the lw-container but the
code can esailiy be ported to use
servicemix-bean.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Erik,

In theory, JBI was built for this: being able to use components from
different vendors together to build/integrate services.  The source code
for the Spagic components is also available on-line.

On the other hand, if you want to avoid bringing in additional
components, it's perfectly fine to use your JSR-181 webmethod to access
the database.  A POJO with JSR-181 annotations is available as a service
on the ESB, so you can always integrate it with other
transports/technologies if you need to.  ServiceMix already has a fair
amount of JBI components and the list is growing with every release,
providing you with the flexibility that is required in business
application nowadays.

Gert

Posted by Erik Allais <er...@altervisions.com>.
Gert,