Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2009/09/01 01:12:15 UTC

Re: difference between snapshot and rc

A Release Candidate is a true release. An RC is typically defined as being
"feature complete" but its durability is not yet proved. It is usually good
enough to be used for casual situations, but enough bugs probably still
exist to prevent its usage in serious applications.

A snapshot, however, is just that -- a snapshot of the product for that day.
No expectation is given to it. It may good or bad, but you take it or leave
it as it is. It's like taking a sample of water for bacteria testing.

Paul