Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Joachim Rohde <ma...@joachimrohde.com> on 2012/08/09 21:45:40 UTC

[Wicketstuff] Google Maps 3 component

Hello,

maybe someone might be interested that I have uploaded a component for
Google Maps 3 today which can be found at GitHub under
https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/tree/master/jdk-1.6-parent/gmap3-parent/gmap3
(I'm not sure when the snapshots are build so it might be necessary to
build the project from source still)

A (still) very brief overview can be found in the Wiki:
https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/wiki/Gmap3

And the examples are under
https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/tree/master/jdk-1.6-parent/gmap3-parent/gmap3-examples

So, if anyone is in the need of such a component or just want to play a
bit with it, I would appreciate to hear any feedback.

Joachim Rohde

Re: [Wicketstuff] Google Maps 3 component

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Joachim!
For all your contributions to WicketStuff!

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Joachim Rohde
<ma...@joachimrohde.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> maybe someone might be interested that I have uploaded a component for
> Google Maps 3 today which can be found at GitHub under
> https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/tree/master/jdk-1.6-parent/gmap3-parent/gmap3
> (I'm not sure when the snapshots are build so it might be necessary to build
> the project from source still)
>
> A (still) very brief overview can be found in the Wiki:
> https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/wiki/Gmap3
>
> And the examples are under
> https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/tree/master/jdk-1.6-parent/gmap3-parent/gmap3-examples
>
> So, if anyone is in the need of such a component or just want to play a bit
> with it, I would appreciate to hear any feedback.
>
> Joachim Rohde

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: [Wicketstuff] Google Maps 3 component

Posted by vp143 <vi...@cipriati.co.uk>.
Martin Grigorov-4 wrote
> Check the panel example at:
> http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples-6.0.x/mailtemplate/&lt;http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples-6.0.x/mailtemplate/?0&gt;

Many thanks Martin, that got me the string I required.

FYI if a panel html has something like this:

Then Gmap does not like the string as goes on to two lines in the JS and
complains about SyntaxError: unterminated string literal

To resolve this, I had to write the panel content in this format
i.e. all in one line.

Re: [Wicketstuff] Google Maps 3 component

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 5:30 PM, vp143 <vi...@cipriati.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Sylvain,
>
> I too am wondering how to pass a component into GInfoWindow rather than a
> string? Did you find a answer this this.
>
> Or does anyone know how to convert a component to an html string?

Check the panel example at:
http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples-6.0.x/mailtemplate/<http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples-6.0.x/mailtemplate/?0>

Posted by Sylvain Vieujot <sv...@gmail.com>.
Hello Joachim,

I am trying to replace Gmap2 with Gmap3 in our webapp, I could not find
a method similar to GMap2's method GInfoWindow.open(GMarker,
Component).\
In GMap3 it seems a GInfoWindow can only have it's content set to a
String.
Is there any plan to implement this, or is there another way of using a
GInfoWindow with a wicket component as content ?

Thank you,

Sylvain.

P.S. I also found that the GMap3's fitMarkers works only for works in
AjaxRequests ( See issue https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/issues/155
)

Posted by Thijs <vo...@gmail.com>.
gmap3 supports the new V3 api from google.
See https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/

Posted by JasonKilgrow <jk...@gmail.com>.
What is the main difference between gmap2 and gmap3?