Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Eugene Prokopiev <pr...@stc.donpac.ru> on 2006/11/03 14:06:06 UTC

Single handler instance for all requests

Hi,

What is the right way to use single handler instance for all requests to
methods of one class?

Eugene Prokopiev

Re: Single handler instance for all requests

Posted by Eugene Prokopiev <pr...@stc.donpac.ru>.
> But replacing one factory with another
> AbstractReflectiveHandlerMapping.java looks like dirty hack. What is the
> right way to do it?

Replacing can be done with
AbstractReflectiveHandlerMapping.setRequestProcessorFactoryFactory but
this is wrong way.

I need to instantiate handler with my own factory based on any String
value (abstract class name from any source: JNDI name or Spring bean
name), not on Class type. So, it looks like I need to modify
PropertyHandlerMapping.addHandler,
AbstractReflectiveHandlerMapping.registerPublicMethods,
AbstractReflectiveHandlerMapping.newXmlRpcHandler,
RequestProcessorFactory.getRequestProcessorFactory or create parallel
stack to use String instead of Class. In my own RequestProcessorFactory
I need to load existing and configured handler from any location (JNDI
or Spring context).

Is this right way or any other exists?

Posted by Eugene Prokopiev <pr...@stc.donpac.ru>.
> What is the right way to use single handler instance for all requests to
> methods of one class?

I found this code in AbstractReflectiveHandlerMapping.java :

private RequestProcessorFactoryFactory requestProcessorFactoryFactory =
new RequestProcessorFactoryFactory.RequestSpecificProcessorFactoryFactory();

RequestProcessorFactoryFactory is interface with two factories:
RequestSpecificProcessorFactoryFactory and
StatelessProcessorFactoryFactory.