Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Dana Spiegel <da...@farechase.com> on 2003/01/13 18:49:55 UTC

Is is possible to incrementally write an Excel document created u sing POI/HSSF?

I'm programmatically generating an Excel document that contains a lot of
data (the final document size is 20+ MB). I would like to incrementally
flush the document to disk to conserve memory usage (so the entire document
doesn't have to kept in memory through the POI package).

Is this possible? Is the POI/HSSF package efficient in its memory usage such
that such a thing isn't necessary?

Any insight would be helpful; I've searched the archives and can't seem to
find any discussion of this issue...

Thanks,

D a n a   S p i e g e l
FareChase  ::  www.farechase.com
50 West 23rd Street, PH, New York, NY 10010
p  +1 646 452 0665  ::  m  +1 917 402 0422  ::  f +1 646 452 0667  ::  e
dana@farechase.com

Re: Is is possible to incrementally write an Excel document created u sing POI/HSSF?

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
However anyone who wants to help, can! Grab the performance-branch tag!

cvs co -r performance-branch jakarta-poi

-Andy

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@apache.org>.
If Only!