Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/14 15:57:24 UTC

[J2] Last Night Commit - Build Still Broken - Persistence Dependency Issue

All,

I decided to be thourough and do some more testing
this morning after spending quite a bit of time fixing
the build last night.  I cleaned all my old deps, my
plugin cache, etc.  The good news is that it builds
and all build functionality seems to be working.  One
caveat is that you now need jetspeed.version in
{user.home}/build.properties.  I updated
http://www.geocities.com/dlestrat/etc/j2/buildChangeDocs.pdf
and have a blog entry on how to get started with the
build on http://dlsthoughts.blogspot.com.

The bad news is that the dependency on
jetspeed-persistence had to be removed, the component
was deleted.  When deploying to Tomcat, some Spring
dependencies are not resolved correctly. Please find
enclosed the logs.

Regards,

David Le Strat.

http://mail.yahoo.com

RE: SVN Problems (was RE: [J2] Last Night Commit - Build Still Broken - Persistence Dependency Issue)

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
I don't really think it has to do with size of commits, though I know I
should commit smaller ones, but sometimes that can be difficult depending on
the scale of the refactoring.  I often get checksum corruption that not even
clean up can fix which requires doing a fresh checkout.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
So I'm not the only one suffering that is actually a relief (I feel like
less of an idiot now).  Yeah, I am checking out fresh as we speak :(

Can anyone help David and me by giving us a little direction on how to
better resolve our SVN problems?  I can only speak for myself but every time
I have sync with SVN I spend at least an hour trying to figure out what went
wrong.  And it is not only the Eclipse plugin, TortoiseSVN and the CL
interface are just as crappy in terms of breaking my workspace.

Regards,
Scott

Posted by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.