Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2002/07/15 19:51:30 UTC

Error installing Cocoon 2.0.3

Hello, and thanks for all your effort getting 2.0.3 going.

I downloaded it and attempted to build and install it today, and
unfortunately was not able to access the default application.

I am running linux with JDK 1.4 and Tomcat 4.0.4.  I downloaded
cocoon-2.0.3.tar.gz , ran ./build.sh clean then ./build.sh
-Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp

I then copied the build/cocoon/cocoon.war to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps and
restarted my Tomcat server.

Tomcat works fine but when attempting to access the
http://MyTomcatServer:8080/cocoon I get an error message.  This message
is posted on my web site at
http://www.hoegg.net/error/cocoon-2.0.3-install-error.html

I appreciate any insight!  There didn't seem to be anything in the archives.

Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Re: AW: Error installing Cocoon 2.0.3

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
Thanks for the quick response, but unfortunately I have several classes
I have written for other purposes that use features in 1.4 that I hope
to hook into Cocoon.  So I would very much like to use Cocoon with the
JDK 1.4.

Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Posted by Gerald Michalitz <ge...@aon.at>.

Depth in DirectoryGenerator

Posted by Сергей <ch...@dialektika.com>.
Hi All,

I try to use DirectoryGenerator to create dynamic directory list. In
documentation said,
it's possible to set arbitrary depth of directory recursion. For example, I
have set depth to 5:

 <map:pipeline>
           <map:match pattern="directory.xml">
              <map:generate type="directory" src="model" depth="5"/>
              <map:serialize type="xml"/>
           </map:match>
        </map:pipeline>

But it does not work, I always receive flat list, even if the subdirectory
is not empty:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
 <dir:directory name="model" lastModified="1025423302000" date="30.06.02
11:48" requested="true" xmlns:dir="http://apache.org/cocoon/directory/2.0">
  <dir:directory name="rdf" lastModified="1025791300000" date="04.07.02
18:01" />
  <dir:file name="entry.xml" lastModified="1026028080000" date="07.07.02
11:48" />
  <dir:file name="map.xml" lastModified="1026409374000" date="11.07.02
21:42" />
  </dir:directory>

I will appreciate any help.

Best Regards,
Serge Chernokozinsky

Re: Error installing Cocoon 2.0.3

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
Thanks, I guess I have more to learn about how Tomcat works.  That was
the problem

Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.