Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com> on 2020/01/13 21:44:27 UTC

Unable to update processor...

I have a custom processor that I have updated (in potentially breaking
ways and I know it), but I cannot seem to make NiFi 1.10.0 open its
mouth and swallow it. I have copied my NAR file to /1.10.0/custom-lib/;
there is no other version (in the /lib/ subdirectory for example). When
I bounce NiFi I see nothing of the changes (properties wording, etc.).
I've been away from NiFi for a while; maybe I'm forgetting something. I
found some artifacts in /1.10.0/work/nar/extensions/ and
/1.10.0/work/docs/ which I removed before bouncing NiFi, but when it
comes back up, all that stuff appears to have been brought back. What am
I missing? Any suggestions of where to look would be welcome.

Thanks,
Russ

Re: Unable to update processor...

Posted by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com>.
Thanks for the feedback, sorry not to have got back until now to
confirm. This was happening for me privately (my development host, no
cluster). I wiped NiFi and reinstalled (a little in frustration, more
just to make sure things were clean). I think I must have been updating
the wrong /custom-lib/ subdirectory or something.

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Extensions is the preferred folder in 1.10, FYI. NARS in that folder can be
hot loaded while the system is running.

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.