Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <be...@systemoutprintln.de> on 2012/03/03 15:14:01 UTC

How to configure the eclipse checkstyle plugin for use in commons projects (was: Re: svn commit: r1296621 - in /commons/sandbox/graph/trunk: ./ src/main/java/org/apache/commons/graph/ src/main/java/org/apache/commons/graph/spanning/)

Am 03.03.2012 14:52, schrieb Simone Tripodi:
>> I think it is good to have control over what is actually checked by
>> checkstyle. Having a customised version is quite common practice also in
>> other commons components.
>>

> I would have preferred you would have discussed first before changing
> configurations. Control and customizations, if needed, can be included
> in the checkstyle suppressions file. Please revert pom configuration,
> if applied, and discuss first in a separated thread.
>
>> The one I checked in is from commons math, where I disabled some checks
>> for now (e.g. @version, license header).
>
> The math style is not the one we've been using, if the configuration
> has to be imported, then it has to be from Maven, wich is the one
> we've been using.

Sorry, this may be kind of a newbe question, but I'm still looking for a
away configure the eclipse checkstyle plugin to use the right checks.
Can you give me some advice with that? I've already tried to import the
maven_check.xml from the maven-checkstyle-plugin.jar but that does not
seem to workout, because there are unresolved place holders.
So my question is, where can I get/how can I generate a valid
checkstyle.xml for a commons project, that takes the suppressions into
account?

TIA,
Benedikt