Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by razzi <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/17 12:31:36 UTC

ServiceMix and AS/400

I'm trying to integrate an AS/400 running OS/400 V5R4 to some java services.
The AS/400 needs to message to java and also needs to listen to messages
from the java services.
Now my first idea was to use the REST protocol on ActiveMQ and use this
approach, but maybe there are components in ServiceMix that do this type of
things directly? (I now that Mule has something like a DataQueue Provider).

Is there anybody who has an idea? Thanks.

Re: ServiceMix and AS/400

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Jan,

FYI, I have just opened a JIRA issue to get support for this added to Camel.

Gert

Re: ServiceMix and AS/400

Posted by eldalai <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan,

I think you could use Mule to comunicate your Java App with AS400 by DTAQ.

Consider:
- use a 1.4.x Mule versión because the 2.x versión dont support DTAQ
transport yet.
- in AS400 you have to create a submit program ( COBOL/RPG/CL ) to read and
write the DTAQ...

I made some test and work fine for me, but i didn't go to production
eviroment yet.

I have some simples examples if you want... you could help me with the
Java/XML problems. I have problems to undertand the transformations.

Gabriel ( eldalai@gmail.com )

Re: ServiceMix and AS/400

Posted by razzi <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gert,