Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> on 2017/08/28 16:56:05 UTC

Are there multiple processes out there running JIRA <-> Github maintenance tasks?

Like whatever reassigns JIRAs after a PR is closed?

It seems to be going crazy, or maybe there are many running. Not sure who
owns that, but can he/she take a look?

Re: Are there multiple processes out there running JIRA <-> Github maintenance tasks?

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.
I opened the new PR after I sent my e-mail below, so the script indeed
was doing something weird.

--
Marcelo

Re: Are there multiple processes out there running JIRA <-> Github maintenance tasks?

Posted by Josh Rosen <jo...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.
I'm still seeing some odd behavior.

I just deleted my repo's branch for
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/19013 and the script seems to
have done some update to the bug, since I got a bunch of e-mails.

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Josh Rosen <jo...@databricks.com> wrote:
> This should be fixed now. The problem was that debug code had been pushed
> while investigating the JIRA linkage failure but was not removed and this
> problem went unnoticed because linking was failing well before the debug
> code was hit. Once the JIRA connectivity issues were resolved, the
> problematic code was running and causing the linking operation to fail
> mid-way through, triggering a finally block which undid the JIRA assignment.
>
> I've rolled back the bad code and enabled additional monitoring in
> StackDriver to raise an alert if we see new linking failures.
>
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 12:02 PM Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>>
>> It seems a little wonky, though. Feels like it's updating JIRA every
>> time you comment on a PR. Or maybe it's still working through the
>> backlog...
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com> wrote:
>> > The process for doing that was down before, and might've come back up
>> > and
>> > are going through the huge backlog.

>> --
>> Marcelo

Marcelo

Re: Are there multiple processes out there running JIRA <-> Github maintenance tasks?

Posted by Josh Rosen <jo...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.