Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Biörn Biörnstad <bi...@vis.ethz.ch> on 2004/02/20 13:44:21 UTC

SOAP intermediary [was: How do you perform a transport protocol change using Axis?]

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. The solution to our problem is called "SOAP
intermediary" (in this case a "forwarding intermediary"). But the next problem
is: How do I implement an intermediary using Axis? I have read all documentation
I could find, I have searched the mailing lists and the Web. But I found
absolutely nothing which would give me a hint on how to implement a SOAP
intermediary in a _clean_ way.

IMHO the Axis architecture (and especially all the documentation) is somewhat
biased towards RPC. This is sad since Axis claims to implement SOAP and not only
SOAP RPC. But I might be missing something...

Currently I'm trying to implement the intermediary as a normal web service which
just forwards the raw message using an AxisClient engine. But this is not the
way it should be done and I even don't know whether it will work in the end.

I would very much appreciate if someone could comment on the problem of SOAP
intermediaries and state what the status of Axis is regarding this issue.

cheers,
Bioern