Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/30 02:00:51 UTC

Re: svn commit: r373402 - in /incubator/solr/trunk/src/test/org: ./ apache/ apache/solr/ apache/solr/analysis/ apache/solr/analysis/TestSynonymFilter.java

On 1/29/06, yoavs@apache.org <yo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Still need to rename the org.apache.lucene package classes to org.apache.solr
> (or do we want org.apache.lucene.solr?)

Many of the things in the lucene package (FunctionQuery and
SynonymFilter) could be moved to org.apache.solr, and renamed to
org.apache.lucene if/when they officially become part of lucene.

But the other reason for the org.apache.lucene package is for
accessing package-protected lucene stuff.  Currently there is just
PublicFieldSortedHitQueue, but there was more when we used Lucene 1.4.

Anyone have thoughts about that?  Should the lucene package in solr go
away? (after making FieldSortedHitQueue public, of course ;-)

-Yonik

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
I'm fine with moving everything to lucene_extras into solr, except for
PublicFieldSortedHitQueue.  If the following patch is committed to
lucene
we could get rid of the entire lucene package in solr.

I won't be able to get to this for another day, so if anyone else
wants to do it, have at it.

-Yonik

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Nutch is a Lucene sub-project, and it uses org.apache.nutch, not org.apache.lucene.nutch.
I'd follow that for consistency's sake, until we see a problem.

Otis