Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by rb...@rkbloom.net on 2004/03/13 22:58:38 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr-site/docs/coverage apr_atomic.c.gcov apr_cpystrn.c.gcov apr_pools.c.gcov apr_random.c.gcov apr_strings.c.gcov index.html open.c.gcov otherchild.c.gcov proc.c.gcov proc_mutex.c.gcov readwrite.c.gcov sha2.c.gcov sha2_glue.c.gcov shm.c.gcov signals.c.gcov start.c.gcov thread_cond.c.gcov thread_mutex.c.gcov thread_rwlock.c.gcov time.c.gcov userinfo.c.gcov

Quoting rbb@apache.org:

> rbb         2004/03/13 13:50:28
>
>   Modified:    docs/coverage apr_atomic.c.gcov apr_cpystrn.c.gcov
>                         apr_pools.c.gcov apr_random.c.gcov
>                         apr_strings.c.gcov index.html open.c.gcov
>                         otherchild.c.gcov proc.c.gcov proc_mutex.c.gcov
>                         readwrite.c.gcov sha2.c.gcov sha2_glue.c.gcov
>                         shm.c.gcov signals.c.gcov start.c.gcov
>                         thread_cond.c.gcov thread_mutex.c.gcov
>                         thread_rwlock.c.gcov time.c.gcov userinfo.c.gcov
>   Log:
>   Update coverage data from porting testshm to unified test suite.

I'm sure most of you have noticed by now that the test suite is where I am
currently focusing my time.  If you watch the test coverage page on the APR web
site, you will notice that the files are steadily getting covered better.  You
can see this because we keep getting more files that are yellow or green instead
of red.  The colors are decided by just dividing 100 by 3, so red is 0 - 32%,
yellow is 33 - 65%, and green is 66 - 100%.  Currently, the coverage is getting
better because I am porting tests to the unified test suite.  Once all existing
tests are in the test suite, I will make a few changes.

1)  The boundaries between colors will change as we get better coverage.
Initially the step will be that 0 - 39% will be red, 40 - 79% will be yellow,
and 80 - 100% will be green.  My goal is to get between 90 and 100% coverage on
all files.  To do that I will be making it harder and harder to get "green"
coverage.

2)  Also, I will be writing new tests.

I would welcome help either porting existing tests or writing new ones.  The
apr/test/README file details how to do this work.

Ryan