Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Patrick Plaatje <pa...@ipros.nl> on 2009/02/23 12:58:51 UTC

modifying nodetypes

Hi all,

while working my way through jackrabbit and getting there very slowly many
questions arise. Most of them are solved (or at least answered) by
googling around. There is a question however i can't seem to get answered:
is it possible to modify existing nodetype, e.g. by loading an updated CND
file?

Best regards,

Patrick

Re: modifying nodetypes

Posted by Sébastien Launay <se...@anyware-tech.com>.
This question has already been addressed many times.
See the following threads:
- http://markmail.org/message/j6ssol2olxgwt3j2
- http://markmail.org/message/nz7wow33xvhe5jdg
- http://markmail.org/message/nzzirhb4kcfuhxuf
- http://markmail.org/message/wkwhotmpg32lu2hb

Best regards,

Alexander Klimetschek a écrit :
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Patrick Plaatje <pa...@ipros.nl> wrote:
>
>> thanx for the swift reply, but on the page I cannot seem to find if it's
>> possible to modify any nodetype after it's loaded them through the node
>> type manager? The use case will be that users of the repository will be
>> able to add/modify/delete properties.
>>

> Citing the aforementioned JackrabbitNodeTypeManager [1] api docs:
>
>     Currently Jackrabbit provides a mechanism to register new node types,
>     but it is not possible to modify or remove existing node types.
>
> The answer to that is basically use of nt:unstructured (ie. residual
> properties/child nodes), which is the heart of the schema-free
> "feature" of JCR. I would also recommend to have a look at David's
> guide to content modelling [2].
>
> [1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.5/org/apache/jackrabbit/api/JackrabbitNodeTypeManager.html
> [2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel
>
> Regards,
> Alex

-- Sébastien Launay

Re: modifying nodetypes

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: modifying nodetypes

Posted by Patrick Plaatje <pa...@ipros.nl>.
Hi,

thanx for the swift reply, but on the page I cannot seem to find if it's
possible to modify any nodetype after it's loaded them through the node
type manager? The use case will be that users of the repository will be
able to add/modify/delete properties.

Best,

Patrick

Re: modifying nodetypes